The Triple-Alpha Process

WARNING: You are now entering a literary experiment. Goggles and lab coats mandatory.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Second to the Right and Straight on till morning

I tried to plan everything out. But the more I plan, the more things change.

Damn it.

Why can't I predict the future? That damn psychic, the one with the cool electric neon blue sign, is bleeding me dry! I need another source of income. And soon. My weekly horoscope is coming up and I can't take a chance of going without it.

Ahh, I inhale the scent of chili. Delicious. Nothing like chili to clear your head. Chili, and of course, Ben Folds. Is there always someone cooler than me? I guess so. It's something I've been dealing with.

Is it all a matter of planning? Or, is it a matter of intuition? As the battle with my psyche roars on (intuition vs. common sense), I realize that excessive planning isn't the only route. If I let things fly, I'll still know what to do. Just like Peter Pan who improvised an answer when asked for directions to Neverland- a trip that he knew how to make on instinct alone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I rarely "plan" to eat chili. It's generally something I get in a restaurant on a whim. "Do I want soup? Hmm... no, I'll get chili instead. Why not?"

That's the connection! For me, at least.

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home