The Triple-Alpha Process

WARNING: You are now entering a literary experiment. Goggles and lab coats mandatory.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Pill Appeal

I was at CVS picking up another round of birth control pills when the pharmacist winked at me.

That's right. He winked at me.

I mean, I think he did.

One eye closing signals a wink, right? And a wink usually signifies an attempt to communicate a secret or some kind of interest in someone else- am I right?

Let me check Wikipedia.

Yes, a wink most certainly implies a certain amount of suggestive interest. Wikipedia says it's so, not only in words, but with this photo:



Why then, would this young, seemingly nice, fairly attractive, probably taken, moderately successful CVS pharmacist wink at me? A girl who hasn’t showered in three days, smells questionable, and is wearing thick-rimmed glasses and a train engineer’s hat?

Perhaps the knowledge of my being on The Pill makes him think he can have anonymous sex with me on the floor of the CVS stock room, as the stock boys cheer us on and Beck’s “Loser” drones on over the PA system.

Unfortunately for him, I only do that sort of thing once- and he missed his chance a long time ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you listened to Beck's "Loser" in the back of a 1988 Oldsmobile, and not, say, another car?

Here's a good pharmacist joke:

A teenager of about 17 has a hot date with a girl, so he decided to go to the
pharmacy to buy some condoms.
The pharmacist says, "What can I help you with?"
The teen hesistantly says, "I'd like to...uh... ah... buy a condom."
Pharmacist says, "Okay. Here you are." (Sets a box of condoms on counter)
The teen, thinking that was rather easy and painless, says, "Well, now that I
think about it, I think I'll be needing two boxes of condoms."
The pharmacist replies, "Well, okay." (Gets another one)
The teen, getting even bolder, then says, "Actually, its a pretty hot date I
have tonight. I think I'll be needing four boxes of condoms."
The teen keeps changing his mind and increasing the number of condoms he
wants until he's leaving the pharmacy with 20 boxes of condoms.
Later that night, the teenager arrives at his girlfriend's house. She tells
him that he's invited to stay for dinner. So he goes in and sits down at the
table with all of her family. The father asks if he'd like to say grace before
beginning the meal.
The teen accepts and says the following, "Oh Lord, thank you for this food
and the hands that made it, and the people who took the time to grow it and...
(goes on for nearly 10 minutes, blessing *everything* including the table, the
silverware, all the containers, the floor, etc...) ...Amen.
The girl turns to the teen and says, "Gee, I didn't know that you were really
religious."
The teen whispers back, "Well, I didn't know that your dad was a pharmacist."

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home