The Triple-Alpha Process

WARNING: You are now entering a literary experiment. Goggles and lab coats mandatory.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Didn’t Sleep A Wink

As I lay awake in bed, and stare at the complete stranger lying next to me, I begin to ponder. Why didn’t I just buy the used car from him and then leave?

Why?

I guess it’s because I can’t take no for an answer. He said “no” to the 4-year warranty; I said let’s have sex back at my place.

It made sense at the time.

And my stereo softly drones on…and on…and on…

“The stars faded out of sight. The sun came into view, and still I thought of you. I didn't sleep a wink last night.”

Obviously, I can’t tell him to leave. He’s asleep. And, if I’m very quiet, he may never wake up. So, perhaps I’ll just let him stay here. For now.

Goodnight, stranger in my arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home